Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fundraisers Galore! | Reece's Rainbow Families

So.  Ahem.  I have a feeling my begging and pleading for the Jones family adopting Annie is probably getting a bit trying on some of your nerves... given that I haven't shut up about it except when I was under anesthesia.  Annie's Mama, Amanda, has been working HARD to make it easier and more fun for you to help them bring their girl home, and I would like to share some of these awesome new fundraisers with you.  But first I would like to share these words from Amanda's blog:
"We have a big need. We need to make a payment to our agency. We are currently at a STANDSTILL and CANNOT move. There are documents that I am working on but money is our hold up."

That's not cool folks.  Money standing between a child and her family.  Not cool at all.

Now to get down to it.  Amanda has been working her fingers to the bone making things to sell to help get Annie home!  Christmas is coming and I bet you could knock out a person or two on your list AND help bring an orphan home at the same time!

First up:  How cute are these blocks??


They are hand-made, hand-painted domino-style matching blocks - super cute, and would be a one of a kind present for a little person on your list.  Price for these is $20, plus $3 shipping, which I think is a bargain... seriously, go price hand-painted blocks in the store, if you can even find such a thing in this commercial day and age... you won't find a better deal and you'll be helping to bring an orphan home!

Which brings us to the second style of awesome blocks:



Letters!!  Oh, the educator in me is just reeling with possibilities.  Seek-and-find, spelling words, matching capitals and lower case, phonics - ah, I would just love to have these to do with my best friend's kindergartner!  This set of 52 blocks is $30, plus $4 shipping.  Still a bargain as that's a lot of blocks - and I'm not sure I've ever seen lower case letters even in commercially produced letter blocks.  Not to mention, oh wait, this is like the fourth time I've mentioned... THESE ONES HELP BRING AN ORPHAN HOME!!  Click here for how to place your order for either set of blocks.

So maybe there aren't so many kids on your list this holiday season.  Maybe your kids are furry instead.  Guess what...


That's right!  We have something for them too!  Pet collars!  Your pet will be one of a kind with these hand-made collars, priced by size (see picture above).  After all, it's Christmas for kitties and puppies too!  Check out the variety of designs available:


How cool that your pet's present could be tailor-made for him!  He'll be all the talk at the dog park.  Oh, and did I mention you're helping an orphan?  Place your custom order here.

But what about the adults on your list?  Do we have anything for them?  What about, say, your friend Katie?  I don't know, just thinking out loud here... ;)



Oh, that's right!  Just about one of the cutest adoption T-shirts I've ever seen!  No adopted kids?  Don't forget... you were adopted too.  And if you DO just so happen to have a friend who writes some crazy blog about orphans, I'm pretty willing to bet this is on their Christmas list!  These shirts are available in short sleeve ($22) and long sleeve ($26) from adult sizes small to 3XL.  Shipping is included in that price.  Click here for ordering information.

Is fashion your thing?  Do you want even MORE bang for your buck (in addition to helping bring an orphan home and getting a cool item)?  Check out the Trades of Hope E-Show benefiting the Jones family from now until September 27!


These items and MORE can be purchased through this link, and in addition to benefiting you and the Jones family, the sale of these items also supports women living in poverty.  Some of them have been rescued from sex slavery.  Some of them are facing the challenge of raising special needs children alone.  Some of them have been affected by devastating diseases like HIV/AIDS.  I was the lucky recipient of a bracelet much like the one above earlier this year and I LOVE it and everything it represents!  These items make perfect gifts!

And, okay, I know that these days everyone and their sister is a consultant for Thirty-One, but not everyone does it for such a special cause.  Amanda is also a Thirty-One consultant, and if you place your order through her...


...you guessed it... YOU'RE ALSO HELPING AN ORPHAN!  Order through Amanda's link here!  Thirty-One has something for everyone - I know I wouldn't be disappointed to find a bunch of it under my tree!  In fact, I could use a new purse... ;)

Editing to add ONE MORE way to help get them funded... Scentsy!!


This party is going on for the Jones family until September 28, and I can tell you now that these products are seriously awesome.  They make perfect gifts (I got my mom a plug-in warmer this Spring and now we all get to enjoy it!) and perfect holiday decor.  Get your orders in now!


If, somehow, you've still managed to get this far without seeing something you want, we will also have an auction and a giveaway coming up soon.  I shared quite a few non-purchasing options for helping the Jones family in this post.  I am still taking auction items!

Please, if you could just find some way to help... it would mean the world to me... and Amanda and Collin... and to Annie.  The options are many... just pick one!  And don't forget the whole reason behind it all...

She needs YOUR HELP to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment